HAVE YOU REPLACED YOUR CLEARRAY® BULB?
Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs are easy to take care of, including all the small parts you may not think of on a weekly basis. Water maintenance, in particular the CLEARRAY® System, is a perfect example. Here’s what you need to know about this water care system and how to keep it operating at peak performance:
WHAT IS CLEARRAY®?
The CLEARRAY® System uses exclusive UV-C technology to neutralize 99.9% of waterborne pathogens that you cannot see so your water will be fresh and clean, without the uses of gasses.
WHICH HOT TUBS MODELS INCLUDE CLEARRAY®?
The CLEARRAY® System has been standard on all Jacuzzi® Hot Tub models since 2012, but can be retrofitted to 2006 models. You can easily add this to your older model with a CLEARRAY® aftermarket kit.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD THE BULB BE REPLACED?
The bulb, the most important part of the CLEARRAY® System, lasts quite a bit longer than you’d think. Engineered for efficiency, this small tube just needs to be changed every 12 months to maintain optimal performance. (Remember not to touch the bulbs with your bare hands when swapping them out).
You can purchase a bulb here.
HOW DO I REPLACE THE BULB?
It only takes 5 minutes once a year to keep you in clean water! Here’s how:
- Switch your breaker off and wait for the bulb to cool. It is not safe to look at the CLEARRAY bulb with your naked eye, so make sure your Jacuzzi is off.
- Remove your hot tub panel. Most Jacuzzi models have the CLEARRAY bulb at the front right corner of the hot tub.
- Unscrew the four screws at the top of the CLEARRAY housing unit, move the black boot cover to the side, and slowly pull the bulb out of the quartz tube.
- Do not touch the bulb with your bare hands. Use the latex gloves provided with the replacement bulb – or be careful to only touch the safe white tips of the bulb.
- Slide away band and pop the CLEARRAY bulb out of the connecting socket.
- Insert new bulb, aligning the clips with the bulb socket. Now just follow steps 1 – 4 in reverse and you’re all set for another year of effortlessly smooth water!
Touching sensitive bulbs can be tricky to say the least. If you’d rather have licensed professionals correctly install your UV Bulb, our service partner, AllSpa, can do it for you!
Watch an instructional video from our Jacuzzi friends in Canada!