If you need help getting your body conditioned for a running routine, regular swimming in a swim spa may be the answer!
The United States Masters Swimming Committee believes swimming improves running, making your sessions smoother and helping you run longer.
Here are four reasons why.
Proper swimming techniques force rhythmic breathing. Better breath control practiced during swimming can translate easily into greater breath control on a run. You’ll not only be more efficient, but you’ll also experience smoother runs.
Swimming helps to develop upper body strength, key for runners to help control their stride. Increasing upper body strength through swimming eliminates undue stress that other aerobic exercise often causes on your body
Rhythmic breathing during swimming translates perfectly for pacing skills while running.
Whether you’re training for endurance events or for simple sprints, swimming will help.
Water is buoyant, which helps develop upper and lower body flexibility through kicking and strokes. Add fins and ankle weights to enhance your workout, and encourage ligament and tendon strengthening to support ankle movement during runs.
So, What Are You Waiting For?
If you want to get back into great running shape, consider incorporating a swim spa into your routine! It could give you that extra edge you’ve always wanted.
To learn more, pick up a copy of our Swim Spa Buyer’s Guide. Just give us a call at ☎ 503-277-2170 or go to: http://www.jacuzzihottubsportland.com/swim-spas/
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Portland
8670 SW Scholls Ferry Road
Beaverton, OR 97008
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Portland
16205 NW Bethany Ct, Suite 106
Beaverton, OR 97006
Beaverton Sauna Dealer Offers Tips for Great Skin
It’s no secret that one of the terrific by-products of regular sauna use is incredibly healthy looking skin that glows. Here are some great tips and reminders that are especially smart for guys to observe when using the sauna to get the best results for their skin.
Since working out gets your blood pumping and your body sweating, it’s important to give your face a good wash to ditch sweat already on your skin. You’ll give the sauna a fresh place to start to further open your pores and detox your epidermis.
Hydrate During the Session
If you’ve just worked out, you’ve already been sweating. The sauna will produce more of that, in addition to working on expelling toxins from your system. Be sure you’re hydrating with water or other post-workout drinks that help keep you hydrated and aid the sauna in producing optimal results.
A Short Session Will Do the Trick
You can hop in the sauna for as little as ten minutes to get the desired post-workout results. In fact, the longer you’re in the sauna, the less impactful it is on your circulation and other body functions. A ten-minute session will do the job.
Hop In the Shower
Make sure you finish your sauna session with a good shower to rinse all the sweat and toxins away and prevent any pores from clogging. Give your scalp a good shampoo too—your scalp needs to be clean to eliminate any inflammation around hair follicles.
Drop the Temp
Once you’ve showered, stay in for a few minutes and lower the water temperature. A cooler shower will replenish your body’s organs with blood as well as get your pores back to their normal “resting” size.
To learn more, pick up a copy of our Sauna Buying Guide, 6 Critical Things Your Need to Know Before Buying a Sauna. Just give us a call at ☎ 503-277-2170 or visit our website at: http://www.jacuzzihottubsportland.com/saunas/.
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Portland
8670 SW Scholls Ferry Road
Beaverton, OR 97008
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Portland
16205 NW Bethany Ct, Suite 106
Beaverton, OR 97006
Continuing the tradition of leading the industry with ground-breaking innovations, the Jacuzzi® Brand is proud to announce the new ProLink™ App, which puts the power to control your J-500™ Collection hot tub right in the palm of your hand. Here’s a look at how this cutting-edge app works and why you’ll want to add it to your phone’s home screen today.
What is ProLink?
Whether in your living room or your office, the ProLink™ App lets you use your iOS or Android device to set your hot tub’s water temperature, turn jets on or off, and schedule maintenance operations. The remote monitoring app also allows you to adjust your spa’s lights, review your owner’s manual, and can alert both you and your local dealership of any service needs.
How does ProLink Work?
The advanced Jacuzzi® ProTouch™ Control Panel on models in the J-500™ Collection employs Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® technologies to pair with the ProLink™ App. Your hot tub will need to be within range of your home’s Wi-Fi network in order to use the ProLink™ service, which is free for the first year and $60 annually after that.
Why Use It?
Use the ProLink™ App to heat up your hot tub on your way home from work, or set it to vacation mode to reduce energy consumption while you’re away. The handy app also helps make water care and maintenance worry-free so you can concentrate on enjoying your hot tub. And you can also lock your spa while you’re away to keep both your kids and your spa safe.
Whether you already own a hot tub from the Jacuzzi® J-500™ Collection, or are considering adding one to your home soon, the ProLink™ App is a must-have addition that can increase your convenience, giving you more time to relax and enjoy your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub. Visit Google Play or the iTunes App Store to download the app today.
With spring nearly here, it’s time to start thinking about bringing your backyard back to life. There are some great plants ideas to enhance your landscaping and give you some nature to enjoy while you soak in your Jacuzzi. Here are some things to consider when you get ready to break out the garden tools and refresh your space.
- Bamboo can be terrific to add height to your hot tub environment, as well as create a natural screen for privacy from neighbors. It might be best to plant bamboo in pots to avoid it taking over too much of your backyard.
- Fragrant plants can give you an entirely different kind of aromatherapy when you take a soak. If you have an area that tends to get a lot of sunlight, lavenders and lilacs would delight your olfactory senses. You could also choose fragrant shrubs such as Sweet Box that do well in shaded areas.
- Sunflowers and mop head hydrangeas can add some texture and shape interest to your hot tub space. There’s nothing like cheery sunflowers to add a bright spot!
- Hanging baskets with a variety of plants that have a mix of seasonal blooms attached to adjacent posts or fencing is another way to give depth to your Jacuzzi garden area.
- When you plan your backyard space near your hot tub, be sure to avoid fruit trees. Best to keep those relegated to a space in your yard away from the tub to limit any bees or wasps that could be attracted to the fruit trees also deciding that the hot tub water is a good place to hang out as well.
Are you ready for spring? We are!
Yoga studios are discovering that incorporating infrared saunas is a great complement either before or after a yoga session.
Infrared saunas are designed to heat you from your core, raising your body temperature to start your detoxification at a cellular level. Your cells increase metabolic activity. That triggers sweating toxins locked up in your kidneys and liver. An infrared sauna session will also aid in decreasing inflammation.
Why before a session?
- Infrared heat will get you warmed up and ready for yoga, increasing blood circulation and muscle flexibility. This will help eliminate the opportunity for any accidental injury.
- Endorphin production increases, flooding your body with energy.
- 10-15 minutes in an infrared sauna will help you decompress from the outside world and get your mind ready to harmonize with your body and soul to get the most from your yoga session.
Why after a session?
- Improves circulation to your muscles, aiding in post-yoga recovery.
- Cortisol levels lower, giving your immune system a boost.
- Serotonin levels rise, elevating your mood.
- It’s a reward! Gives you a chance to relax, meditate and offer you a chance to emerge feeling relaxed and “reset” for the day ahead.
If you’re a yoga lover, consider incorporating an infrared sauna to enhance your overall health & well-being. You’ll be thrilled with the added benefits!
With spring just around the corner, it’s likely (we hope!) that a lot of folks are looking out at their backyards and starting to plan to pull it out of hibernation for the coming season. Some folks will also (we know!) finally live the dream of owning their own hot tub.
Quite a few of those lucky hot-tub-owners-to-be will also be thinking about a deck for the tub. We’d like to offer up some tips for planning your hot tub deck oasis.
- Pick the right spot. You’re fulfilling the dream of a hot tub that you’ve had for years. Make sure you put it in a place in your back yard that will optimize your use of it. The best place for a tub is near an exit from the house. The further away from the house it is, the less likely you will find yourself to head out and take a soak.
- What about privacy? Sometimes the best spot isn’t exactly the one that affords you the most privacy from nearby neighbors. Think about the placement and whether additional privacy needs to be designed into your deck plan. The type of cover lifter you select may play into this consideration as well. While a cover lifter is pretty much a must-have, some of them (like a Covana) will provide extra privacy when they’re in the up position while you soak. The lifter you choose may solve some of your privacy needs.
- How much ongoing care do you want? A deck is terrific…but of course it will need some attention over time. You can pick a traditional wood like cedar or redwood—those will require cleaning, staining and ongoing attention to keep them in great shape. If you are willing to invest some extra money in a more exotic wood that will require less maintenance over time, consider ipe. Composite options (like Trex or Timbertech) available today are certainly far improved over options in years past and will also be a lower maintenance answer.
- Recessing the tub? It’s critical to realize that any tub recessed into a deck will require access to the ENTIRE equipment bay in order to be able to service it as time goes by. Most folks aren’t aware that electrical codes often make it necessary to create enough clearance that goes back three feet from the front of the equipment bay. It’s actually easier to enter and exit a tub that is not recessed—it’s also easier on your back & neck and there are fewer chances to take a tumble into a tub that is above deck. Think on these things when setting out on your deck planning.
- Pick your tub FIRST. We still occasionally run into someone that gets the deck built and THEN selects their tub. Sometimes that leads to a deck not built to hold the appropriate amount of weight, didn’t take electrical conduit and location into place, and access issues that weren’t considered when the deck was built. Get the tub figured out before the deck is started! It could save you a lot of headaches and money in the long run.
We’re here to help answer any questions and give the best guidance we can to make sure your new tub will be perfect on your new deck (that is also perfect!). Visit us today so we can provide the counsel and advice to put you on the path to a magical addition to your back yard—and your life! You’ll really love owning the hot tub that’s been on your wish list for so long.
This is a terrific way to spend part of a vacation to England, re-live part of your childhood and enjoy adult amenities in one fell swoop: The Woodsman’s Treehouse.
In the midst of the pretty magical oak trees in Dorset, England you’ll find a treehouse one would many describe as the ultimate glamping experience. Guy Mallinson put a lot of thought and effort into building a perfect weekend retreat. And, what retreat would be complete without its very own hot tub and rooftop sauna?
Costing a mere £150,000 (or over $185,000!), you’ll find the perfect marriage of rustic woodsy feel along with adult niceties anyone would love: a wood-fired pizza oven, places to charge your cell and other devices, Wi-Fi, heated towel rails in the bathroom, as well as the aforementioned hot tub and sauna.
To help keep things on the camp/glamping theme, you’ll not find a TV. Instead, you’ll find a variety of board games including Monopoly, Backgammon, Scrabble and Jenga. While there is a lovely queen size bed, you might choose to take a siesta in the hammock on the treehouse main deck. Warm up near the rotating fireplace…and, when it’s time to return to earth, you might want to just travel from the treehouse down to the ground on the stainless steel slide!
Next time you’re headed to England, you might want to check it out. It sounds like a terrific way to spend a novel weekend in Britain. But, be prepared to invest a bit in the stay—depending on the time of year, your weekend retreat could cost anywhere from $975 to nearly $2,000.
HAVE YOU REPLACED YOUR CLEARRAY® BULB?
Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs are easy to take care of, including all the small parts you may not think of on a weekly basis. Water maintenance, in particular the CLEARRAY® System, is a perfect example. Here’s what you need to know about this water care system and how to keep it operating at peak performance:
WHAT IS CLEARRAY®?
The CLEARRAY® System uses exclusive UV-C technology to neutralize 99.9% of waterborne pathogens that you cannot see so your water will be fresh and clean, without the uses of gasses.
WHICH HOT TUBS MODELS INCLUDE CLEARRAY®?
The CLEARRAY® System has been standard on all Jacuzzi® Hot Tub models since 2012, but can be retrofitted to 2006 models. You can easily add this to your older model with a CLEARRAY® aftermarket kit.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD THE BULB BE REPLACED?
The bulb, the most important part of the CLEARRAY® System, lasts quite a bit longer than you’d think. Engineered for efficiency, this small tube just needs to be changed every 12 months to maintain optimal performance. (Remember not to touch the bulbs with your bare hands when swapping them out).
You can purchase a bulb here.
HOW DO I REPLACE THE BULB?
It only takes 5 minutes once a year to keep you in clean water! Here’s how:
- Switch your breaker off and wait for the bulb to cool. It is not safe to look at the CLEARRAY bulb with your naked eye, so make sure your Jacuzzi is off.
- Remove your hot tub panel. Most Jacuzzi models have the CLEARRAY bulb at the front right corner of the hot tub.
- Unscrew the four screws at the top of the CLEARRAY housing unit, move the black boot cover to the side, and slowly pull the bulb out of the quartz tube.
- Do not touch the bulb with your bare hands. Use the latex gloves provided with the replacement bulb – or be careful to only touch the safe white tips of the bulb.
- Slide away band and pop the CLEARRAY bulb out of the connecting socket.
- Insert new bulb, aligning the clips with the bulb socket. Now just follow steps 1 – 4 in reverse and you’re all set for another year of effortlessly smooth water!
Touching sensitive bulbs can be tricky to say the least. If you’d rather have licensed professionals correctly install your UV Bulb, our service partner, AllSpa, can do it for you!
Watch an instructional video from our Jacuzzi friends in Canada!
A new study recently published by the University of Eastern Finland reports exciting results regarding dementia and sauna use!
In the study researchers went back over 20 years of records for men in good health aged 42-60. In looking at the data, various points were noted: age, alcohol consumption, body mass index, and blood pressure were all reviewed along with other factors. They found that men who took sauna sessions at least four times per week for at least 15 minutes a session had a 66% lower risk to develop dementia, and a 65% decrease in risk for Alzheimer’s disease!
More folks in the U.S. are realizing that regular sauna use terrific for stress release, better sleep, improved skin health and improved immune functions. With a study reporting such an amazing result of sauna use in decreasing the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s, it would appear that now more than ever is a great time to incorporate a daily sauna session into your life!
Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Portland is fortunate to carry the world’s top selling brand of sauna, Finnleo. With Finnleo’s origins dating back over 90 years to Finland, they are experts at creating an excellent sauna environment for use in the home. (They’re also masters at stunning commercial saunas for professional sports teams, hotels, gyms…the list goes on!)
If you’re ready to take better health to a whole new level in the New Year, consider adding a Finnleo traditional steam or infrared sauna to your home. Our line of Hallmark traditional steam saunas are portable, set up in a short amount of time and the smallest unit only requires a standard household outlet to operate! You’ll be relaxing and getting the myriad benefits of regular sauna use in no time.
Check out our entire line of Finnleo Saunas and commit to a stronger, healthier you in 2017!