It seems there are always a plethora of sweet potato dishes that turn up for Thanksgiving—most of them tossed in with marshmallows and more. For a twist this coming holiday, how about baking up sweet potatoes on the Big Green Egg? For sweet potato lovers, this might be an excellent alternative to the traditional dish normally served for the holiday. Give it a try!
Wishing you the very best for Thanksgiving and the coming holiday season from everyone here at Jacuzzi Hot Tubs Portland!
Baked Sweet Potatoes on the Big Green Egg
What you’ll need
- 4 sweet potatoes (double the recipe if needed)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp buckwheat honey
- 1 oz spiced rum
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Kosher salt to add to taste
- Set the Big Green Egg for indirect cooking at 500°F
- Set the sweet potatoes on the Egg grill and close the come. Give the potatoes 40-60 minutes to bake. Potatoes should be tender when pierced with a knife or fork.
- While the potatoes bake, place the butter, honey, rum and orange juice in a saucepan. Heat until the butter melts, then season to taste with kosher salt. Keep warm.
- Remove the potatoes from the Egg. Take an injection syringe, fill it with the butter, honey, and rum mixture and inject directly into the center of each potato.
- Cut each potato open and enjoy!